If the incremental item is grayed out in the schedule, there are two causes.
There are already existing backup tasks.
The incremental backup is one for one volume.
For example, the “C drive” cannot be backed up in a multiple incremental schedule.
There are no existing backup tasks.
– Tracking information has not been deleted.
– Incorrect tracking information is exists.
– Issue may occur by a change of the host name.
Reproduced in the following operation has been confirmed.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a base and incremental schedule.
2) Run the backup task several times.
3) Change the host name, and then reboot the system.
4) Delete an existing schedule.
5) Create a scheduled task that contains the same volume again.
1) Open the installation path by Explorer.
e.g. C: Program Files (x86) ActiveImage Protector Server
2) Run the aipcontrol.exe
3) Enter the following command.
stoptracking <image path>
In a local disk path environment:
In a network share path environment:
To delete all of the tracking information, run the following command
After running the command “stoptracking”, the first time backup task becomes the Base backup.
4) re-create the schedule