When the following conditions are satisfied, the first scheduled incremental backup does not run after changes are made.
Reconcile task does not run either.
After execution of base (full) backup task, incremental backup task runs.
- Change Deduplication Compression level / Compression level or vice versa (Even though the level can be changed with an earlier version, the level cannot be changed with the latest version.)
- Upgrade from ActiveImage Protector 2.x to ActiveImage Protector 3.x
- Upgrade from ActiveImage Protector 3.0/3.1 to ActiveImage Protector 3.5.
- Upgrade from an earlier version of ActiveImage Protector 3.5 to the new version of ActiveImage Protector 3.5
- Upgrade from ActiveImage Protector 2018 or earlier versions to ActiveImage Protector 2022 or later
- Change backup source
- Enlarge or reduce the size of backup source disk or volume
- Upgrade from ActiveImage Protector 2018 to ActiveImage Protector 2022 or later
- Change backup source (Ex: One guest machine selects multiple disks and a part of the disks are not normally connected to the guestt machine for some reason. After restore task is executed, the full backup is executed for the first backup,)
- The backup source vhd/vhdx is Dynamic disk or vmdk is Thin provisioning disk and the disk size expands or is reduced (regardless whether the volume size in the disk changes or not)
- When RCT is used when backing up Hyper-V guest machine, the virtual_disk_name.mrt/virtual_disk_name.rct files exist in the same folder as the virtual disk is located. When the guest machine is shut down, the files can be manually deleted. However, when those files are deleted, the incremental backup chain cannot continue. The incremental backup task fails in Error-603 until the execution of the next full backup task. When you get this problem, please manually run full backup task or wait until the next full backup task will be executed.
* Reconcile feature was available with ActiveImage Protector 3.1 and later versions. Due to the change of change tracking method (change tracking for incremental backup) with ActiveImage Protector 2018 update 7 or later, Reconcile feature is no more available.
* Deduplication Compression feature is provided with ActiveImage Protector 3.5 or later versions.