The path to the destination storage and the authentication history are saved in folderhistory.ini when configuring the schedule settings with ActiveImage Protector 2018.
The next and subsequent authentication is performed based on the information.
Therefore, when the password for accessing the destination is changed, authentication error may occur and the backup task may fail in error.
When you get authentication error for accessing the destination storage, please try the following workaround:
1) Halt the AIP Service by stopping the "ActiveImage Protector Service" in the Windows Services list.
2) Delete “folderhistory.ini” located in AIP Install path.
3) Reboot the "Workstation" service by restarting it from the Windows services list.
4) Initiate the AIP Service by starting the "ActiveImage Protector Service" in the Windows Services list.
5) Run a one-time backup or a scheduled backup.
– ActiveImage Protector 2018