Prepare your OneDrive account for Actiphy access because Acitphy needs the appropriate credentials and permissions to access information from your OneDrive account.
This document describes the steps you need to take to be able to access your OneDrive storage.
Registration and Setup OneDrive credentials and permissions
To allow authentication, you first need to register your application at Azure App registrations.
- Login at Azure Portal, using the credentials of the account for which you need to enable API.
- Select "Azure Active Directory" from the left pane.
- Select "App registrations".
- Click on “New Registration” and follow the steps below.
- In Supported account types, choose "Accounts in any organizational directory and personal Microsoft accounts".
- Click on the "Register" button.
- You will now see the Overview page of the application you have created. Note the value of the "Application (client) ID", it will be required later.
- Click on "API permissions" in the left pane.
- Click on "Add a permission" and select "Microsoft Graph".
- Click on "Application Permissions".
- Select all required permissions.
- Click on "Add permissions" at the end.
- In the API permissions section, click on "Grant admin consent for <your_company_name>".
- Click on "Yes" in the pop-up that appears and save.
- Go to Azure Active Directory in the left menu to note the domain, it will be required later.
- You can now create at All users a new user for this application, or you can use your existing users.
- Note the value of the Object ID of the user, it will be required later.
- Click on "Certificates & secrets" from the left pane.
- Click on "New client secret". Set the expiration to 24 months.
- Important: Record the value of the client secret created now. It will be required moving forward, but will not be visible hereafter.
- The service account is created and now able to access your OneDrive storage we will require the Application (client) ID, Object ID, Domain and Client secret key.