ActiveImage Protector offers Destination Isolation option useful for isolating backup data from a virus attack including ransomware.
- Un-assign drive letter from Local Hard Disk post backup
- Make destination Local Hard disk Offline post backup
- Eject destination Removable USB Hard disk post backup
- Disable destination Network Connection post backup
But, this option is provided on OS on which ActiveImage Protector is installed.
Therefore, for example, when [Eject destination Removable USB Hard disk post backup] option is enabled for the backup destination USB HDD connected to a remote machine over network, the option does not work.
– ActiveImage Protector 2018 Update or later
– ActiveImage Protector 2022